World Cup 2014 Bosnia and Herzegovina National Team
- FIFA country code: BIH
- FIFA member since: 1996
- Confederation: UEFA
- Confederation member since: 1998
- Association: Nogometni/Fudbalski Savez Bosne i Hercegovine (N/FSBiH)
- In English: Football Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Association founded: 1992
- Most caps: Zvjezdan Misimović (+79 and still counting)
- Top scorer: Edin Džeko (+33 and still counting)
- 1st World Cup win: Maybe in 2014?
- 1st World Cup goal scorer: Maybe in 2014?
World Cup 2014 Bosnia and Herzegovina Schedule Group F
|11||15/06||19:00||Rio De Janeiro||Argentina||2-1||Bosnia-Herzegovina|
Bosnia and Herzegovina is the 16th country to have qualified for the World Cup Brazil on the 15th of October 2013. The decisive match was against Lithuania which ended in a 1-0 win. Player Vedad Ibišević was responsible for the winning goal. The World Cup 2014 Bosnia and Herzegovina national team lost 1 match in the qualifications but reached the number 1 spot anyway in group G. Both Bosnia and Herzegovina and Greece have the same amount of points, but due to goal difference Greece had to accept the 2nd position.
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||3||1||0||2||4||4||3|
World Cup 2014 Bosnia and Herzegovina Players
The 23 players who have been selected for the World Cup 2014 Bosnia and Herzegovina national team are:
Learn about the 32 World Cup teams and all 23 players in our unique digital 2014 World Cup Brazil Guide!
Head Coach: Safet Sušić (Bosnian)
Captain: Emir Spahić
Bosnia and Herzegovina World Cup History
How Many World Cups Played: 0
Did You Know Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Has the following nicknames: Zmajevi (Dragons) and Zlatni Ljiljani (Golden Lilies)
- Is rivals with Serbia, Croatia and Portugal
- Will participate in a World cup for the first time as an independent country
- Was together with several other East European countries the country Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia before becoming independent in 1992
- Is the 4th former Yugoslav country to have qualified for a World Cup after Croatia (1998), Slovenia (2002) and Serbia (2010) (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (1998) and Serbia and Montenegro (2006)
- Players were before the country’s independence part of the Yugoslavia national football team
- Entered the World Cup qualification rounds for the first time as an independence country for France ’98
- Was not able to qualify for the 1994 World Cup since they only became a FIFA member in 1996, although the Football Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina was established in 1992 after the country’s independence
- Almost qualified for the 2010 World Cup since they reached the play-offs, but lost to Portugal
- Is the only country to participate for the first time in the 2014 World Cup
- Will be based in Guarujá, São Paulo during the 2014 World Cup
Curious which place FIFA gave Bosnia and Herzegovina in their official ranking? Find out now!
Bosnia and Herzegovina in Action
Bosnia and Herzegovina Qualified For World Cup Brazil
Legendary Achievement for the Whole Country of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina: 2014 World Cup Profile
2014 World Cup Team Profile: BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA