Be updated with the Latest World Cup Brazil News
- Madjer takes charge of Algeria
Algeria legend Rabah Madjer has been appointed as head coach of the Algerian national team following their unsuccessful bid to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia.
- Sigurdsson: Iceland can progress to Russia 2018 knockout stages
After Iceland made history by becoming the smallest nation to qualify for the FIFA World Cup, FIFA.com hears from Gylfi Sigurdsson about what it meant to the country, avenging the heartbreak of missing Brazil 2014 at the final hurdle and his ambitions for Russia 2018.
- Video Vault: Simonyan's Sweden 1958 journeyIn the latest instalment of the FIFA World Cup Video Vault series, Nikita Simonyan shares his Sweden 1958 memories – from donning the captain's armband in his country's first World Cup game to coming up against a 17-year-old Pele.
- Barbarouses a key element in New Zealand’s new breedFIFA.com hears from New Zealand’s Kosta Barbarouses about his relationship with star striker Chris Wood and the All Whites upcoming date with destiny in the intercontinental World Cup play-off against Peru.
- Europe’s eight play-off contenders in numbers
Eight teams discovered their opponents who stand in their way of a ticket to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, but how do they fair in the European play-offs themselves? We analyse the eight teams and how they have fared in the past.
- Europe's play-off participants learn fate
The match-ups to contest the final four European tickets to the 2018 FIFA World Russia™ have been decided, as the play-off ties featuring the group stage's eight best second-placed sides were confirmed in Zurich on Tuesday.
- When Russia stunned England at the Luzhniki
As the Luzhniki Stadium gears up for being a pivotal part of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia extravaganza, we look back ten years to one of the host nation's most notable wins in recent memory with the game's hero: Roman Pavlyuchenko.
- Relive the European play-off drawOn Tuesday 17 October, FIFA.com streamed live the Official Draw for the European FIFA World Cup play-off, which took place at the Home of FIFA in Zurich at 14:00 CET.
- Inspiring story makes FIFA World Cup dreams come true for mother and sonAn inspirational mother and son from India are the first winners of FIFA’s ‘Bring Someone Special’ campaign, which will take them through an exciting journey to the Opening Match of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
- All you need to know about Tuesday's European play-off draw
The draw will take place at the Home of FIFA in Zurich on Tuesday 17 October at 14:00 (local time) and will be live streamed on FIFA.com and FIFA's YouTube channel.
- Cahill’s best of the bestTim Cahill's 50 international goals have been spread across three FIFA World Cups and 13 years on the international stage. FIFA.com takes a look at some of the milestone strikes from Australia's talisman.
- How to follow Tuesday's European play-off draw
The draw for the upcoming European play-off round, with four World Cup places up for grabs, will take place at 14.00 on Tuesday 17 October in Zurich. Find out how you can follow it live!
- Bruce Arena resigns as USA coachBruce Arena has stepped down from his role as USA head coach, the United States Soccer Federation has confirmed. Arena’s decision to resign as national team manager comes after the county failed to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
- Huppenkothen and Hierro to present European play-off draw
Renowned Mexican TV presenter Vanessa Huppenkothen and former Spain captain Fernando Hierro will conduct the official draw for the European playoff matches for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
- Rakitic: Croatia can make experience count
Ahead of Tuesday's European qualifying play-off draw for Russia 2018, Croatia and Barcelona star Ivan Rakitic speaks to FIFA.com about their hopes and the hard-fought victory in Ukraine that secured their place.