Be updated with the Latest World Cup Brazil News
- Smolov: I don’t want to be like everyone elseExpectations can weigh heavy on some forwards’ shoulders, but Fedor Smolov’s goal and man-of-the-match performance in Russia’s 2-0 win against New Zealand clearly demonstrated he is the not the type of striker to let nerves get the better of him.
- ‘Bring Someone Special’ to the FIFA World CupWhen the FIFA Confederations Cup kicks-off on Saturday, eagle-eyed television viewers will see the message ‘Bring Someone Special’ on their screens on the LED boards. What does it mean?
- Korea Republic sack Uli Stielike
The Korea Football Association have announced that Uli Stielike has been sacked as head coach of the senior national team, following their 3-2 defeat by Qatar in the latest round of FIFA World Cup™ qualifiers.
- New Zealand at home first in OFC play-offNew Zealand will play at home first against Solomon Islands in the Oceania zone play-off final on the road to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia.
- Russia’s new generation ready to step up
Big things are expected of Russia's 21-year-old midfielders Aleksandr Golovin and Alexei Miranchuk, as well as 23-year-old defender Georgi Dzhikiya, at the FIFA Confederations Cup. FIFA.com looked closer at this exciting trio.
- FIFA statement on Human Rights Watch report on Russia
FIFA's official statement following a Human Rights Watch report into working conditions on FIFA World Cup stadium construction sites ahead of Russia 2018.
- Costa Rica clear in second, Panama and Honduras draw
Costa Rica took sole possession of second in the Hexagonal standings after a crucial win over bottom side Trinidad and Tobago on Matchday 6 of CONCACAF’s final qualifying stage for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia.
- Iran complete mission as Korea Republic, Japan stunnedIran booked their qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ with a 2-0 home victory against Uzbekistan, joining Brazil and hosts Russia at the global extravaganza.
- Confederations Cup exhibition unveiled on Moscow MetroAn exhibition dedicated to the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 was opened at the Vorobyovy Gory metro station in Moscow on Tuesday 13 June. Muscovites and tourists visiting the station can now learn interesting facts about the Tournament of Champions.
- Iran revel in reaching Russia
Iran reach second consecutive FIFA World Cup, with Team Melli defeating Uzbekistan to join Brazil and Russia at the finals.
- Narrow wins ensure Solomons end droughtFIFA.com reviews the conclusion to Stage 3 qualifying in Oceania, where Solomon Islands kept alive their Russia 2018 ambitions at the expense of Paua New Guinea and Tahiti.
- Iran secure World Cup ticketIran are the first team from Asia to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ after a 2-0 victory over Uzbekistan on Monday evening.
- Agony amid drama in DohaJapan were on the verge of their first FIFA World Cup when they met Iraq in 1993, with the drama becoming part of Japanese footballing folklore.
- Mexico and USA play out intriguing stalemateCONCACAF giants Mexico and USA played to a 1-1 draw on Matchday 6 of the final round of qualifying in the CONCACAF zone for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ on Sunday evening.
- Iceland leave it late, big guns pocket three pointsSunday’s European qualifiers for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ saw Spain and Italy, who will face each other in a much-anticipated Group G duel in September, do exactly what was expected of them against FYR Macedonia and Liechtenstein, respectively.