São Paulo Facts
- Established: January 25 1554
- Nickname: Terra da Garoa (Land of Drizzle) and Sampa
- Region State: São Paulo
- Population: 11,316,149
- Temperature Average: around 13-20 °C
- Stadium: Arena de São Paulo
São Paulo World Cup Poster
The São Paulo World Cup poster is pretty self explanatory. The poster shows several typical aspects of the city. The buildings represent the grandiosity of São Paulo, which is the biggest city in Brazil. The different colours represent the diversity of the people who live the city. The football in the air represent the importance and power of football in São Paulo and Brazil.
Matches To Be Played: 6
|Round of 16|
São Paulo: 4 Things You Have to See
FIFA Fan Fest
FIFA’s Fan Fests include huge screens where fans can watch the World Cup matches together. The Fan Fest in São Paulo can be found in Vale do Anhangabaú.
Avenida Paulista (Paulista Avenue)
In this famous street you can find São Paulo’s financial centre. In this area you find banks and big business conglomerates, such as several multinationals.
São Paulo Art Museum (MASP)
The Art Museum has officially been opened in 1947 and has one of the most important European art collections in Latin America. There are works from from the Renaissance to Modern Times. It’s located in Avenida Paulista, 1578, in district Bela Vista.
This famous park is São Paulo’s most famous green area. There is a running track, bicycle lane, sport courts, playground, lake and picnic areas. It is located in Av. Pedro Álvares Cabral, in the Vila Mariana district.
Did You Know São Paulo:
- Is the largest city in Brazil
- Is the capital of state of São Paulo
- Is the largest metropolitan area in Brazil
- Is the 4th largest metropolitan in the world behind Tokyo, Seoul and Mexico City
- Is the 6th most populous cities in the world behind Shanghai, Mumbai, Karachi, Delhi and Istanbul
- Is one of the cities with the highest number of cars : 7 million
- Has over 12,000 restaurants in the city, 6000 of them are pizzerias
- Oscar Freire Street is considered one of the 8 most luxurious streets in the world in terms of the high-end luxury segment
- Has the biggest Gay Parade of the world, with 3 million participants
- Was a host city in the 1950 World Cup
- Will be used to host the 2016 summer Olympics