- Established: March 12 1537
- Nickname: Veneza Brasileira (Brazilian Venice)
- Region State: Pernambuco
- Population: 1,555,039
- Temperature Average: around 22-28 °C
- Stadium: Arena Pernambuco
Recife World Cup Poster
The Recife World Cup poster shows a frevo dancer playing football. Frevo is a carnival related music genre which originates from Recife. The real frevo is still danced only in Pernambuco! The mix of colours relate to the creative artists of music, painting poetry etc of the area. The smoking wave shows Recife’s buildings, churches and bridges which all lead to the football. Pretty original!
Matches To Be Played: 5
|Round of 16|
Recife: 4 Things You Have to See
FIFA Fan Fest
FIFA’s Fan Fests include huge screens where fans can watch the World Cup matches together. The Fan Fest in Recife can be found in Cais da Alfândega.
São Pedro Cultural Complex
The complex is inscribed in the World Heritage List. One of the reasons it is worth seeing, is its 18th century architecture which has preserved its original characteristics. It is located in Bairro de São José, in Centro do Recife.
Phone: +55 81 3355-3310
The city’s historic centre has many interesting relics such as the Pilar Church and the Mother of God Church.The old neighborhood has bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
Saint Benedict’s Basilica and Monastery
The church from the 16th century has the richest sacristy in the historic city Olinda. It’s located in Rua de São Bento, in Olinda.
Did You Know Recife:
- Is the capital of state Pernambuco
- Is the 5th largest metropolitan area in Brazil
- is one of Brazil’s prime business centers
- Is a renowned educational center
- Was a host city in the 1950 World Cup
- Was a host city in the Confederations Cup 2013
- Is considered one of the biggest logistics centers in Brazil
- Founded in 1537, is the oldest World Cup host city
- Name refers to the stone reefs that are present by the city’s shore
- Is the Capital of Frevo: a musical rhythm and a Brazilian dance which is very fast