- Established: December 25 1599
- Nickname: Cidade do Sol (The City of the Sun)
- Region State: Rio Grande do Norte
- Population: 803,811
- Temperature Average: around 23-25 °C
- Stadium: Arena das Dunas
Natal World Cup Poster
The Natal World Cup poster is pretty simple in comparison to the other World Cup Brazil posters. This poster shows a transparent man and a transparent football. Both objects show 2 famous landmarks. The man shows the large famous dune Morro do Careca Hill, and the ball shows the iconic fortress Forte dos Reis Magos.
Matches To Be Played: 4
Natal: 4 Things You Have to See
FIFA Fan Fest
FIFA’s Fan Fests include huge screens where fans can watch the World Cup matches together. The Fan Fest in Natal can be found in Praia do Forte.
Igreja Matriz de Nossa Senhora da Apresentação (Our Lady of Presentation Church)
The church is widely as known as the old Cathedral. It is located at the Praça André de Albuquerque, in the Cidade Alta district.
The Dunas park is the second biggest urban park in Brazil. Like many places in Natal, this place is spectacular. It’s located at Alexandrino de Alencar Avenue, in the Morro Branco district.
Fortaleza dos Reis Magos (Fortress of the Three Wise Men)
The fortress, founded on December 25 1599, is located at Forte beach. It is the very first milestone of the city.
Did You Know Natal:
- Is the capital of the state Rio Grande do Norte
- Is named Natal because it was founded on Christmas (Natal in Portuguese)
- Is the capital of Brazil closest to Africa and Europe
- Is famous for its natural beauty
- Is the “Buggy Capital of the World” which are used for wonderful buggy rides along the dunes, beaches and lagoons
- Inhabitants were the first in South America to consume Coca-Cola in 1942, which were brought by Allied troops
- Is the “Land of the Shrimp” and has a wide variety of dishes mouthwatering anyone