- Established: October 24 1669
- Nickname: A Paris dos Trópicos (The Paris of the Tropics)
- Region State: Amazonas
- Population: 1,982,179
- Temperature Average: around 24-32 °C
- Stadium: Arena da Amazônia
Manaus World Cup Poster
The Manaus World Cup poster doesn’t show many objects. The poster clearly shows 2 macaw parrots enjoying each other’s company, resting on a goal’s crossbar. The city Manaus contains a lot of green which is visible behind the parrots. The designer stated he wanted to combine elements of the Amazon and symbols of football together, creating harmony and unity. This simple but effective poster, was voted as the most beautiful World Cup Brazil poster in a survey by Brazilian online provider UOL.
Matches To Be Played: 4
Manaus: 4 Things You Have to See
FIFA Fan Fest
FIFA’s Fan Fests include huge screens where fans can watch the World Cup matches together. The Fan Fest in Manaus can be found in Ponta Negra.
Manaus’s municipal market is located in front of the Negro river, and is from 1883. It’s located in Rua dos Barés, n° 46, in the center.
The Amazonas Theater was opened in 1896. the construction material cam from Europe and was broughtto Manaus by ship. The theater is a symbol of the region’s prosperity during the golden years of rubber production. Visits of the theater have to be scheduled. It’s located in Praça do Congresso, in the center.
Phone: + 55 (92) 3622-1880
The meeting of the rivers
A spectacular view it is, the meeting of the Negro and Solimões rivers .In order to see it for yourself, you have to take a boat ride. During the World Cup in the summer, is a perfect time to experience this unique phenomenon with your own eyes.
Did You Know Manaus:
- Is the capital city of state Amazonas
- The name Manaus was derived from the tribe manaós, ancient inhabitants of the Amazon region
- Is the only 2014 World Cup host city in Amazon rainforest and Northern Brazil
- is located in the middle of the Amazon rainforest
- Region is the 6th largest in Brazil
- Is the 6th richest city in Brazil
- And the Amazon region are one of the best known Brazilian places abroad and are the 10th largest tourist destination of the country
- Not all Brazilians know that Manaus has beaches, such as “river beaches” São Ponta Negra and Praia do Tupé
- Only 5% of the fish sold in Manaus come from the Rio Negro, since the water is more bitter and low in nutrients than other rivers in the region